The Student Council of the University of Iceland is looking for a Managing Director for the year 2022-2023.
The Managing Director supervises the Student Council’s finances and daily operations of the office alongside the President. That includes overseeing the Student Council’s employees timetables and the making of contracts for the Council, as well as the collection of advertisements in any of the Council’s published material. The Managing Director is also responsible for writing the minutes of Student Council meetings in addition to meetings of the Board of the Student Council.
- Knowledge and experience of finances and book keeping
- Initiative and an ability to work independently
- Interest in the workings of the Student Council and students’ affairs in addition to being an active member of the University society
- Good Social skills
- Willingness and ability to work with Student Council members, the Student Council office and other stakeholders
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in written text, in Icelandic and English
- Knowledge of the University of Iceland’s administrative body is an advantage
- Prior work in event planning and managing is an advantage
- Knowledge of accounting softwares is an advantage
- Formal qualifications befitting the work is an advantage
- Other knowledge and experience relevant to the position
The Student Council’s Managing Director is a part-time position, 40%-50%, available for one year with the possibility of extended employment. For further information regarding the role please contact the current Managing Director by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cover letter, CV and recommendations should be sent via email to email@example.com with the subject “SHÍ Managing Director“.
The deadline is until June 5th 2022. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
The Student Council of the University of Iceland, the University of Iceland and the Icelandic Student Serviced, signed a declaration of intent regarding changing Stapi, a building on campus, into a student housing and thereby connecting it to Gamli garður and its new extension. The Student Council has long had this in its policy.
Stapi, which was originally called Stúdentaheimilið (Home of students), was built by the Icelandic Student Services (ISS) in 1971 and sold to the University of Iceland during the construction of the University Square in 2007. Stapi housed for a long time the Student Travel Office, the bookstore and later Stúdentakjallarinn on behalf of ISS. For the past decade, a course in physiotherapy has had facilities in Stapi.
The Student Council considers this to be a great step for the university community and an important step in the increase in the number of student apartments on campus.
The Student Council’s next meeting will be held May 18th in N-132 at 17:00.
According to paragraph 9 of the Student Council’s laws, the Council’s meetings are open to all students at the University of Iceland. Students who are not members of the Student Council may therefore attend meetings and listen to discussions within the Council.
Please contact the office of the Student Council at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the meeting or the agenda. Furthermore, all students are welcome to contact the office with inquiries about their rights.
- Meeting begins 17:00
- Vote on minutes from the Student Council meeting on April 13th 17:05-17:10
- Annual financial statement of the Student Council 2021-2022 17:10-17:20
- Annual report of the Student Council 2021-2022 17:20-17:40
- The new Student Council 2022-2023 takes over 17:40-17:45
- Vote on minutes from the Election Meeting 17:45-17:50
- Practical information for new Student Council members 17:50-18:10
- Intermission 18:10-18:20
- Remaining nominations for the Student Council’s schools and committees (voting) 18:20-18:25
- Timelines of major issues 18:25-19:00
- General inquiries by new Student Council members 19:00-19:10
- Other issues 19:10-19:20
- Meeting ends 19:20
The meeting takes place in Icelandic.