– EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE –
The Student Council of the University of Iceland is looking for a Managing Director.
The Managing Director supervises the Student Council’s finances, the daily operations of the office, including attendance systems of the Student Council’s employees, oversees the making of contracts for the Student Council and the collection of advertisements in any of the Council’s published material, and is responsible for writing the minutes of Student Council meetings in addition to meetings of the Board of the Student Council. Along with other daily projects for the Student Council office.
- Interest in the workings of the Student Council and students’ affairs in addition to being an active member of the University society
- Knowledge and experience of finances and bookkeeping
- Knowledge of accounting softwares is an advantage
- Willingness and ability to work with Student Council members, the Student Council office and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of the University of Iceland’s administrative body is an advantage
- Good Social skills
- Prior work in event planning and managing is an advantage
- A competence in communicating, both verbally and in written text, in Icelandic and English
- Initiative and an ability to work independently
- Formal qualifications befitting the work is an advantage
- Other knowledge and experience relevant to the position
The Student Council’s Managing Director is a part-time position available for one year with the possibility of extended employment. For further information regarding the role, contact the current Managing Director at 570-0856 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cover letter, résumé and recommendations should be sent via email to email@example.com with the subject heading “SHÍ Managing Director” The deadline is until 23:59, June 27th 2021. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.